Fall 2014 is all about brunettes and blondes. From cool blonde to dark coffee brown, your eyes would be on feast with these shades this season. However, if the thought of changing your hair color scares you, there is a way to do it gradually. Try dyeing your hair or even adding some highlights to it at home with the use of organic ingredients. This way you can avoid drastic look alteration, but will still give you satisfying result.
Why Natural Hair Dyes?
This might be the exact question running on your mind right now. Precisely why opt for natural hair dyes and bother to make your own concoctions when you can conveniently buy one from your local store? Natural hair dyes do not give you full control of the color result; however it does offer benefits for your hair’s wellness. Artificial hair colors contain chemicals harmful to your hair. And the best way to keep it healthy is by using natural products for styling and care.
To set your expectations, this hair dye does not work for blonde hair. Coffee is known to add red and brown highlights to dark hair. There are two ways to do it.
- Brew a pot of strong coffee.
- Shampoo hair and then rinse.
- Dip hair or pour coffee onto hair.
- Massage and then let it sit under a shower cap for about 20 minutes.
- Wash hair.
- Recommended twice a week until you achieved the desired brown shade.
- Combine ½ cup of conditioner with a tablespoon of instant coffee granules.
- Brew a pot of strong coffee. Pour into the coffee-conditioner paste. Mix well.
- Massage to hair for two minutes.
- Cover with shower cap. Let it sit for half an hour.
- Rinse until the coffee is washed away.
Lemon juice is very famous bleaching agent. It makes the hair blonder for blondes and adds reddish-orange highlights for brunettes. However, this technique is also damaging as it dries out the hair. Make sure you conditioner hair sufficiently after.
Lemon Juice 1st Technique
- Apply lemon juice to parts of your hair you want lighter.
- Stay under the sun for 30-60 minutes.
- Wash and condition hair.
Lemon Juice and Beer
- Mix lemon juice with golden colored beer and 3 tsp of honey.
- Apply to hair.
- Expose hair to the sun for about an hour.
- Wash and condition hair.
Lemon Juice 3rd Technique
- Combine ½ cup of water with ½ cup of lemon juice and ½ cup of shampoo or sour cream.
- Pour in solution in a spray bottle.
- Spray hair until it is a little wet.
- Go out into the sun.
- Do this every day to achieve dirty blonde hair!
- Brew some tea, preferably chamomile tea.
- Let it cool.
- Rinse hair with it and leave it on for 15 minutes.
- Recommended to repeat twice or thrice before shampooing hair.
- Create a mixture with cinnamon powder and conditioner.
- Simple apply onto hair. Cover with a shower cap and sleep on it.
- Shampoo hair the next day.
If you are looking into wider color options, but would still like to go natural, you can try henna hair dyes. What is your hair color idea for this Fall?