It is every girl’s dream to be able to create the perfect messy bun on her own. But that’s not all we’re going to talk about here. But all of your possible choices during your lazy days. It’s the weekend. You want to give yourself a break from all the blow-drying and hair styling. But a chore or a meetup suddenly comes up. And you can’t afford to not look good, pleasant at the very least. You can pick among these bun hairstyles which suit your energy-saving level at the moment, so you wouldn’t have to compromise your image! These bun hairstyles also work when you are running late for something!
Undone Braided Side Bun
This is a proof that there is no excuse not to look good. No lack of time or energy can get in the way of this super charming bun hairstyle!
- Add texture. Give the ends of your hair a little twist.
- Braid. Do a slightly loose braid starting on the hair along the neck.
- Pin. Roll the braided hair into a bun and secure with bobby pins.
- Add headband. finish off the look with the headband of your choice!
Low Braided Bun
Recreate this look in two minutes!
- Gather hair in a low ponytail with an elastic.
- Insert the ponytail in the middle of the hair above the elastic.
- Loosely braid the ponytail.
- Roll the braid over the base of the ponytail.
- Secure the look with a few bobby pins.
A 20-second Updo
With just a few twists, knots and pins, DIY the perfect hairdo for your lazy hair day!
- Divide hair into two sections.
- Tie the two sections in a knot.
- Then make a second knot. If your hair is long you can make a third knot.
- Secure the knotted bun with bobby pins.
Try this variation of a messy bun which only takes a few knots!
- Divide hair into two sections.
- Divide again each half into two.
- Do not touch yet the two sections in front.
- Get the two sections at the back and tie in a knot. Make as many knots as you can.
- Secure with bobby pins.
- Then take the remaining sections and make as many knots as you can as well.
- Lock the style with bobby pins.
Low Twist Chignon
Try this easy bun hairstyle found CamilleStyles.
- Start with your hair in a deep side part. Grab two thick sections of hair from the shallow side of the part. (You could do smaller sections for a more intricate look but using large sections makes it quick and easy!)
- Begin your twist by taking the front piece and laying it over the second piece. After you have twisted one rotation, pick up a new (third) piece and add it to the previous piece.
- Repeat twisting and adding a new piece/section working your way around the head until you reach the other ear, twist all the way down.
- This is where you can get creative. On Bridget I wrapped it into a small bun and secured with bobby pins. You could also do a side ponytail or braid.
- Take the remaining hair from the ear forward and slightly twist it away from the face and start pinning it around the bun that you created. Don’t overthink it, just look at the hair and see what it needs. If a piece is sticking out or you don’t like it just twist it and pin it somewhere else!
- Finish with a light flexible hairspray like Living Proof Flex that won’t flake and will help block out humidity!
Messy French Bun
Of course, here is a picture tutorial of the classic messy bun.
Get ready fast and easy with these hairstyles! Which is your favorite?