Throughout the years we have seen how the classic ponytail has taken different varieties. What was once gathering your hair in one plain piece has opened up to so many possibilities! We have the messy ponytail, the inside-out ponytail, the braided ponytail and so many more interesting styling ideas, letting you showcase your personality even more specifically. Now let’s take a look at the products of several hair fashion experiment s, which led us to new ways to tie a ponytail!
Sleek Parted Ponytail
This is a lot like a regular ponytail only with the elastic band hidden under your hair, making it seem like you used a few strands of your own to bind your hair. This is simple, yet classy and unusual.
- Brush your hair until it is smooth and untangled.
- Make a deep side part. If you have bangs, you can polish it down with a hairspray or pomade.
- Gather hair in a ponytail of whatever height you desire.
- Grab some hair from the underside and use it to cover the elastic band. Secure it in place with a bobby pin.
It is really easy! If you want some more amazing tutorials, you can find it from A Cup of Jo.
Braided PonytailWe found this easy and step-by-step tutorial on how to achieve the braided ponytail look. Just simply followthese from one of our favorite hair tutorial blogs:
- Make a side part, then take a section of hair from the front left side of your part to your left temple.
- Split this into three and weave together to make a braid. Braid the right over the center, then the left over the right and continue to braid that section.
- Stretch out the braid to make it look thicker. Secure the end with a pin or small elastic.
- Gather all your hair into a ponytail and secure with an elastic. Take the pin or elastic off the first braid, now it is tied in with the ponytail.
- Take a small piece of hair and wrap it around your hair elastic to cover it.
Twisted Side Ponytail
Now, this one looks best when done intentionally messy. And if you noticed, the illusion of using your own hair as a hair tie is clearly a thing now. So, here’s how to fix your hair in a twisted side ponytail the abeautifulmess way!
- Pin a section of hair at the back of the neck like how you would do with a half-up only here you have to do just one side.
- Keep repeating the process by getting small sections of hair and pinning then at the base of the neck.
- As you continue the hair would naturally lead you to creating a side ponytail.
- Leave out a section in front and tie the rest with an elastic band.
- Wrap the section of hair you left out in front on the side ponytail.
- Spray on some hairspray if you must and you are done!
How do you dress up your ponytail? No matter what, make sure that you put your own style into it! ;)