Ever since hair mist, having incredibly fragrant hair all day has been easier. You have Pink Sugar, Minardi, Suave and several more brands. And the best thing about such hair perfume is that they are more than just a hair refresher. They have heightened up the game to a hair perfume and protectant in one, etc. but now what we are going to do is to learn how to mix our own hair perfume made up of only ingredients that are good for your hair! With this approach, you are sure to concoct your ideal smell.
DIY Hair Perfume
If you prefer the scent of freshly washed hair, this hair perfume recipe verbatim from Beautiful Secrets is a must try! This one includes a portion of essential oil which lets you personalize the hair perfume according to your hair needs.
- 1 cup rose water (if you don't have rose water you can use distilled water instead, but I prefer a rose water mix)
- a few squirts of leave in conditioner (not very scientific, I know, but just use on your judgement on the amount)
- 5-10 drops of an essential oil- This one is also depends greatly on your personal preference. I tend to go for closer to ten drops, but you may want to start out with 5 drops and then add more if you desire a stronger fragrance. My favorite essential oils are lemon verbena and sweet orange. The scent of both is crisp and fresh without being overpowering or sickeningly sweet.
Mix it Up:
- Combine all of the ingredients into a spray bottle and shake to mix. You can use the spray a couple of ways. As part of your regular styling regimen, when doing twists or other stretched styles simply use the spray to re-moisten hair in the place of water.
- Lightly mist hair with the mixture for a quick infusion of moisture and scent rejuvenation.
But just in case you are not the DIY type of girl, you can these practical hair perfume recommendations. Here’s our top 10!
Budget-Friendly Hair Mists
Pink Sugar ($15)
Pink Sugar begins with sugary sweet notes of cotton candy, strawberry, raspberry and orange which fade to reveal sensual mid notes of lily of the valley, fig leaves, and barbe-a-papa… more
Fekkai Fresh Rose Hair Fragrance Mist ($18.69)
Light mist enhances hair with an alluring floral aura… more
Nicki Minaj Pink Friday Hair Mist ($16.44)
Design House: Nicki Minaj; Fragrance Notes: Italian Mandarin, Blackberry, Star Fruit, Musk, Vanilla, And Carmelized Pear… more
Bed Head After Party ($13.52)
TIGI Bed Head After Party smoothing cream for silky hair holds 3.4 ounce each… more
Taylor By Taylor Swift Hair Mist ($20)
Taylor by Taylor Swift is beautifully crafted from luscious fruits, blushing florals and soft woods… more
Etude House Silk Scarf Moist Hair Mist ($12.60)
Etude House Silk Scarf Moist Hair Mist; Fruity Watery Floral… more
Paul Mitchell Awapuhi Moist Mist ($10)
Hydrating Spray; Give thirsty hair and skin the moisture they crave… more
Bath and Body Works Beach Waves Hair Mist Malibu Heat ($9.49)
Malibu Heat is the perfect west coast blend of juicy pineapple, California oranges and creamy coconut. Use on dry or damp hair. Work through hair using fingers to scrunch and twirl for sexy, beach blown waves… more
Luscious locks and locker rooms don’t go together. But no worries, sweets – that’s what we’re here for. It’s like having your cake and eating it too… more
ALTERNA BAMBOO Smooth Kendi Oil Dry Oil Mist ($16.75)
Infuses hair with nutrients & anti-oxidants; Strengthens hair and enhances shine… more
No need to worry now about how to keep your hair smelling fresh until night! What’s your favorite scent to use on your hair?