In a perfect world, we wake up with effortlessly gorgeous hair. But in the real world, you have to work for it, even if you aim to look like you did not even intend to look good at all. But let us cut to the chase from this point, if you want your hair to look healthy and beautiful the next day, you have to prepare and condition your hair the night before.
If your main aim to make your hair look and feel naturally beautiful and healthy, soak it with a key ingredient or two or a natural hair mask that you only have to rinse off during shower next morning. Try these:
Coconut oil alone is already enough to keep you hair in good condition. Apply it on your hair at least once a week. Wrap your hair in a towel after to give it a hair spa sort of effect and then sleep with it. Rinse it off in the morning.
(photo credit: blog.poppysoap.com)
Coconut and Honey Hair Mask
What you’ll need:
- Coconut oil
- Raw honey
- Prepare hair by washing it water and drying slightly with a towel.
- Mix about 1-2 tablespoons of coconut with some honey.
- Apply the mask to hair and make sure you cover every portion. And be generous with the amount.
- Sleep with it. You can cover your hair with a shower cap or you can just leave it as is to allow it to breathe; cover your pillow with a towel to spare it from the grease.
- Rinse it off in the morning and then proceed to your normal styling routine.
Deep conditioners are meant to give you the best effect when left on hair for a long time. And nothing is the most convenient time to leave it on for hours without it getting in the way of your chores than when you are about to sleep. Tie your hair in a tight bun for better moisture absorption.
Dry shampoo has probably saved you in a lot of sticky (greasy!) situations already, al the same it has put in some troubles as well. We can say that the best time to apply dry shampoo is at night where it can absorb excessive moisture on the scalp overnight without the hassle of looking like you have fake dandruff!
Our hair suffers, as well as other parts of our body like our skin and eyes, when we do not get enough sleep and when we are exposed to too much stress. And one of the best and easiest ways to battle that is, of course, by having good sleep. Spray on some aromatherapy mist on your pillow so you can doze off instantly and calmly, giving you a refreshed feeling the next day.
(photo credit: community.babycenter.com)
This tip is for our curly-haired gals. Whether you are sleeping with twists or not, sleeping with a silk scarf makes hair more manageable with less frizz and flyaways in the morning.
Now, if what you want is a hairstyle you can flaunt as early as you got out of bed, try this no-heat headband curls for a natural looking waves.
- Use a thick cotton headband for this one. Place it around the top of your hair.
- Take a small section from the side of your hair and then tuck it in the headband.
- Keep doing the process, adding more hair until you have finished one side. Then you can do the other side, starting the hair near the ears. Note: do not pull tightly to avoid crease.
- Sleep with the headband an take it off first thing in the morning.
What are your night time routines to wake up with gorgeous hair?